Which of these are tried and true for you? And what didn’t work
- Bee stings – meat tenderizer, chewing toabcco
- Pam cooking spray will dry finger nail polish*
3. Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 minutes*
4. Mayonnaise will KILL LICE, it will also condition your hair
5. Elmer’s Glue – paint on your face, allow it to dry, peel off and see the dead skin and blackheads if any.
6. Shiny Hair – use brewed Lipton Tea*
7. Sunburn – empty a large jar of Nestea into your bath water*, vinegar bath
8. Minor burn – Colgate or Crest toothpaste*
9. Burn your tongue? Put sugar on it!
10. Arthritis-Nettle Leaves(burns in the beginning, but helps in the end)
11. Budweiser beer conditions the hair
12. Chigger bite – Preparation H*, clear finger nail polish
13. Puffy eyes – Preparation H
14. Paper cut – chap stick (glue is used instead of sutures at most hospitals)
15. Stinky feet – cornstarch or even baby powder
16. Athletes feet – cornstarch
19. Kool Aid can be used as a dye in paint also Kool Aid in Dannon plain yogurt as a finger paint, your kids will love it and it won’t hurt them if they eat it!
20. Peanut butter – will get scratches out of CD’s! Wipe off with a coffee filter paper*
21. Sticking bicycle chain – Pam no-stick cooking spray, also works better than Wd-40 on squeaky door hinges
22. Pam will also remove paint, and grease from your hands! Keep a can in your garage for your hubby*
23.Weed Killer-Vinegar (can add salt and dawn to mix)
24. When the doll clothes are hard to put on, sprinkle with corn starch and watch them slide on*
25. Heavy dandruff – pour on the vinegar !, mayo may help too
26. Tie Dye T-shirt – mix a solution of Kool Aid in a container, tie a rubber band around a section of the T-shirt and soak
- Self-Tanner-fill tub with tea, soak about 1 hour
28. A Slinky will hold toast and CD’s!
To keep goggles and glasses from fogging, use vinegar or Coca-Cola-also works on windshield
29. Wine stains, pour on the Morton salt and watch it absorb into the salt.*
30.Streak Free Windows-balled up newspaper(use with your choice of cleaner)
31.Fabric Softener-Vinegar, pour right into washing machine
32. To remove wax – Take a paper towel and iron it over the wax stain, it will absorb into the towel.
33. Remove labels off glassware etc. rub with Peanut butter!*
34. Baked on food – fill container with water, get a Bounce paper softener and the static from the Bounce towel will cause the baked on food to adhere to it. Soak overnight. Also; you can use 2 Efferdent tablets , soak overnight! can also use alka-seltzer
35. Crayon on the wall – Colgate toothpaste and brush it!*
36.. Dirty grout – Listerine
38. Grass stains – Karo Syrup*
39. Grease Stains – Coca Cola , it will also remove grease stains from the driveway overnight. We know it will take corrosion from car batteries!
40. Fleas in your carpet?- 20 Mule Team Borax- sprinkle and let stand for 24 hours. Maybe this will work if you get them back again.(Great bug deterrent)
41. To keep FRESH FLOWERS longer Add a little Clorox* , or 2 Bayer aspirin , or just use 7-up instead of water.
42. Don’t forget Gatorade for Migraine Headaches. PowerAde won’t work. Pass this information on to friends so they can be informed.*
-If you see a *, please note that we have not tried any of these. If you try any or have any of your own please let us know so we can add them to the list.