3-5 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (the number depends on the size of your chicken)
1/4 C Milk (can use Buttermilk)
3-5T Olive Oil (I use Coconut Oil)*
1/2-3/4 C Panko Bread Crumb
1 1/2 C Fresh Spinach(optional)
1C Mozzarella Cheese, grated
1/2 C Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Pour Panko Bread crumbs on plate.
In separate bowl, mix milk and egg together.
3. Split chicken breasts, in half then through the middle. You want them thin.
- In large skillet on medium heat up oil.
5. Dredge chicken in milk mixture, shake off excess, coat in bread crumbs.
6. Place coated chicken in skillet, cook 3-5 minutes per side. It should be golden brown on each side.
7. Spoon marinara sauce into bottom of casserole dish, just until bottom is covered. Place chicken on top of sauce. Layer with spinach. Pour sauce over top, until spinach or chicken is covered. Sprinkle with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
8. Cover with foil. Bake 350 for about 20 min.
Serve over your favorite pasta or gnocchi.
*If using coconut oil, please note that it will make the chicken taste sweeter and a bit like coconut. Its what we use here without complaints.